Creating people's geographies
I first posted this here in September, and I think these wise reminders could do with another whirl right now. ;)
This nice list has no indicated authorship; it was on the letterhead of the Persatuan Brahma Kuymaris Raja Yoga Malaysia (Cwg. P. Pinang).
12 Methods For Keeping Your Outlook Positive
1. Think, speak and feel positively about yourself, others and situations. Believe in your own worth. Happiness is your decision.
2. Always visualise yourself and your life the way you want it. Dwell on what you want, then you will gravitate towards that.
3. Set goals, but remember you need goals not for what they get us but what they do to us. What you become is more important than what you get.
4. Throw away the labels you hang on to yourself. Don’t place limits on yourself. The biggest limitation is the thought “I can’t.”
5. Slow down. You’ll have fewer accidents and you will avoid hurting yourself and others by accident.
6. Discipline your mind and intellect. You are in control. You decide what you put in there, so you determine what you get back. Knowledge is the essential nourishment for the intellect.
7. See problems as opportunities to learn. You will continually be faced with great opportunities that disguise themselves as unsolvable problems. You have been designed to solve problems and find new ways of doing things.
8. Tackle disasters one at a time. Then they’re not so disastrous.
9. Treat yourself well. Make time for yourself as a necessity, not an objective. Pause on your path, just like “music is the space between the notes.”
10. Surround yourself with good people; people who support you in your efforts to change.
11. Have an attitude of gratitude. This ensures your attention is on what you want.
12. Realise how valuable the present moment is. Make the most of every moment.
Thank you for these wonderful tips. It’s an awful lot to remember though. Do you think you could boil it down to three things that an old Marine could remember?
Dwell on what you want, then you will gravitate towards that. This is very true. Reminds me of a girl I knew, poor thing. I guess I was gravitating a little too much and she had to inform the authorities. I tried to explain how the metaphysics works, but the police weren’t very sympathetic.
So when you hand out principles for life in your blog like this, the responsible thing is to have a special short section for the Marines with lots of pictures.
:D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: