Creating people's geographies
1. Does Iran’s President Want Israel wiped Off The Map and Does He Deny The Holocaust?
An analysis of rhetoric in media on its way to war against Iran – Commenting on the alleged statements of Iran’s President Ahmadinejad by Anneliese Fikentscher and Andreas Neumann (Germany), Translation to English: Erik Appleby
2. A good commentary from Jonathan Steele at the Guardian: ‘Lost In Translation: Experts confirm that Iran’s president did not call for Israel to be ‘wiped off the map’. Reports that he did serve to strengthen western hawks’ (June 14, 2006)
3. Juan Cole‘s defence and refutation of Hitchens (May 3, 2006)
4. Virginia Tilley’s article in Counterpunch entitled ‘Putting Words in Ahmadinejad’s Mouth: Is Iran’s President Really a Jew-Hating, Holocaust-Denying Islamo-fascist who has threatened to “wipe Israel off the map?” (August 28, 2006).
5. A review of the Cole-Hitchens dispute related to Coe’s position on Iran – Bill Scher, ‘The Importance of Cole V. Hitchens’ in Huffington Post, 4 May 2006.
Iran Target of Apparent Disinformation Ploy by Jim Lobe, InterPress News (22 May, 2006)